Block Party!
This month we met to give Natalie all the cute house blocks that everyone worked on. They are all adorable and Natalie loves them. I know everyone is excited to see how she puts them all together.
Now for the project I chose to do....It started out looking for an inspiration fabric hoping to narrow down what I wanted to do and fell in love with fat quarter from Michael Miller called "Meadow Meet Up". I love the bright colors and design. Its so cheerful. Then I saw an ambitious pattern that I loved but knew I couldn't do it alone. That is where all of my wonderful friends come in. The pattern is needle turn applique but if that freaks you out, do it anyway you want.
I have given everyone a packet with a different block to do. Each packet has a pattern, a swatch of inspiration fabric, and some freezer paper (if you use that applique method).
I want the finished block to be 11 x 11 on a black background. You can use a solid, tone on tone or a pattern. I want the background to look like the picture below.
There are so many ways to applique that I'm leaving that up to you. I have watched several You Tube tutorials that were really helpful. If you need help, there are many in our group who know how to applique well. I'm learning myself, but will do my best to help you in any way I can.
I hope you all have fun with these blocks and we will meet early next month. The Quilter hosting next month will decide on the date and let us know.
No comments:
Post a Comment